Cloudy or dull water can occur for numerous reasons and will often come about from recent storm events, phosphates present in the water or most commonly lack of circulation and filtration of your pool. Remember that circulation and filtration in our opinion is as equally important as sanitising the pool and you must turnover the water at least 2-3 times a day to ensure your pool is fresh and sparkling.
- System not running long enough each day for the conditions/environment.
- Heavy rainfall or storms.
- Poor water balance.
- OXI OUT reading less than 100%.
- Phosphates present in the water.
- Calcium build up on the OXI Cell plates.
- Check there is adequate circulation and filtration and if using a variable speed pump check the current speed and increase if necessary. High bather loads &/or temperatures may require longer daily run times. Industry guidelines recommend the total pool water volume should be turned over at least 1-2 times daily.
- Is the OXI OUT reading 100%? When in the DDS screen press the [+] button and OXI OUT will change to OXI SET, this should always to be at 100% unless in WINTER MODE and if not please increase this by pressing the [+] button. If OXI OUT is still not reading 100% a small amount of salt may be needed to increase this back to 100%.
- Check your water balance and refer to the attached Naked Water Testing document for further information.
- The oxidiser is responsible for providing sparkling water clarity and should always be at 100% unless in winter mode or the pool is covered for long periods of time. If your OXI OUT is showing less than 90% please click HERE.
- Take a water sample to your local pool professional and check for phosphates and if present follow the guidelines for treatment. Phosphates can enter the pool via rainfall, water tanks, animal droppings and fertilisers, they create an extra demand on any pool system and encourage algae growth. If your pool is in an environment with a lot of garden, trees or other dust and fertilisers we recommend doing a phosphate treatment at least every quarter.
- Check the OXI Cell for any calcium build up and if present please follow these simple guidelines to remove.