- For all new installations it is important to ensure that the correct salt levels are added to the pool.
- The system can operate on mineral/magnesium chloride salts and you should allow an extra 20-30%.
- To calculate the salt/minerals and other levels required for your pool, please refer to the Naked Pools App Calculator.
- TDS levels should ideally be 800-1200ppm and no more than 3000ppm.
NEVER ADD SALT/MINERALS DIRECTLY TO THE SKIMMER BOX. High concentration of either salt or minerals will pass through your filtration, pump and other pool equipment and may cause damage.
- If a sand filter is installed turn the valve to the recirculate position.
- Plug the pool pump directly into the power point on the wall and switch on to allow the water to circulate around the pool. If a variable speed pump is installed, turn the speed to maximum.
- Add the required salt/minerals to the shallow end of the pool and brush in until dissolved. Do not let the salt settle on the floor of the pool as this may cause damage to the surface.
- Add the required alkalinity increaser/buffer to the pool by filling a bucket with pool water and adding 2kgs at a time. Stir and add the solution to the pool by walking around the perimeter of the pool and dispersing it evenly. Repeat the process until the required amount has been added to the pool.
- For all concrete pools we recommend to NOT add calcium hardness for at least the first 6-8 weeks to allow the concrete shell to settle and release calcium back into the water. Test the calcium hardness levels once settled at your nearest pool shop and add the required amount, the same way you added the buffer to the pool.
- For all fibreglass pools, calcium hardness can be added 2-3 days after the alkalinity increaser/buffer to eliminate the water from turning cloudy. Fill a bucket with pool water and adding 2kgs at a time. Stir and add the solution to the pool by walking around the perimeter of the pool and dispersing it evenly. Repeat the process until the required amount has been added to the pool.
- Allow the pump to run for 1-2 hours.
- Switch the pump off and for all sand filter installs turn the filter valve to filter.
- Unplug the pump from the wall and plug the pump into the bottom of the Control Unit.
- Check both the OXI and ION cell cables are plugged in.
- Plug the Control Unit into the wall and switch on and program the system ensuring the correct pool size is entered.
The system will run for a given period of time based on the pool size with all the buttons locked out and will then switch to AUTO mode with the dual timers set accordingly. More about Timers can be found HERE.