You will need to 'shock' the pool. Shocking the pool means to add a reasonable amount of liquid chlorine to the pool and the amount to add will be determined by the size of your pool, consult your local pool shop or submit a request HERE if unsure and we will assist you.
As a rule, a Naked Freshwater Pool requires little to no chlorine however, there will be times your pool water is compromised and will need attention in order to bring it back to the beautiful, crystal clear water you are used to.
To rid the pool of the algae please give the pool a good brush then:
1. Add approximately 1 ltr of hydrochloric acid to the pool whilst pump is running and allow 30-45 mins to circulate.
2. Add approximately 10-15ltrs of chlorine to the pool by walking around the perimeter of the pool.
3. Press OXI button allowing the pump and system to run for 24 hours.
4. Once OXI BOOST is completed, backwash the pool to get rid of all algae and debris in filter.
5. Measure and adjust pH to 7.4 by adding required hydrochloric acid.
6. Add phosphate remover to the skimmer box as per instructions on the bottle and run system as per normal for 48 hours.
7. Once 48 hours has passed, perform another backwash.
8. Once all completed take a water sample for testing.
We recommend checking phosphate levels every time you have water tested and attached below is a print out for your local pool shop so they can become familiar with our system and please ask them to call us should they require further understanding.