High chlorine levels in a Naked Pool can come about from numerous different situations. Typical chlorine levels expected are 0-0.5ppm so much so, that you cannot smell, taste or feel the chlorine in the pool.
- Pool blankets or covers will trap any chlorine being produced by the OXI Cell and possibly increase the levels.
- Indoor pools.
- Stabiliser is present in the water.
- Incorrect pool size has been entered at start up.
- Reduce the OXI SET point by pressing the [-] button whilst in the Main Screen to 50% as a starting point and monitor the levels. If levels are still increasing adjust further until a happy medium is achieved.
- Indoor pools will potentially trap any chlorine being produced as they are not open to the elements (sunlight, dirt, dust and wind etc) like outdoor pools. If levels are higher than recommended press the [-] button whilst in the DDS screen as above and reduce levels that suit your pool.
- Stabiliser will hold any chlorine produced in the pool. Most likely this will be present as your previous system was a chlorine based system, the Naked System requires NO stabiliser in the water.
- If the incorrect pool size has been entered please follow the instructions above to reduce the OXI SET point or alternatively adjust the timers so TIMER 1 is running less (therefore producing less chlorine) and extend TIMER 2 to increase circulation and filtration.