The most common bugs found in swimming pools are either Water Boatmen or Back Swimmer bugs.
- Usually approximately 3cm long with 2 back legs longer than the front and can also fly.
- They enter the pool to eat any potential algae growth and organic matter.
Back Swimmer Bugs:
- Similar in colour/size to the Water Boatmen and look very similar however they swim on their backs (upside down).
- Often enter the pool to eat Water Boatmen and also feed on potential algae growth.
How to get rid of the bugs:
- Remove the bugs with a leaf rake.
- Brush and vacuum the pool thoroughly.
- Ensure water balance is within range.
- Ensure adequate circulation so the water is always moving/skimming.
- Run OXI Boost to ensure adequate circulation and sanitisation.
- Turn off any bright lights surrounding and inside the pool.