Low TDS is indicated by levels below the recommended range of 800ppm. The unit will notify you on the screen LOW TDS - SEE MANUAL when levels are below 600ppm.
- Heavy rainfall or storms.
- Build up of calcium on the cell plates.
- Water temperature is extremely low.
- Insufficient water flow through the cell.
- Level low in one direction on the OXI Cell but OK in the other direction.
- Heavy rainfall will dilute all levels in the pool. OXI OUT less than 100% will also indicate this so please check levels and rebalance the water...small amounts of salt may be required to increase this back to 100%.
- Calcium acts as an insulator and needs to be removed from the cell plates by removing the OXI plates from the housing and dipping them in a cell cleaning solution.
- Winter water temperature can be very low and for every 1 degree below 28 degrees Celsius the output can drop 2-3%.
- Check the amount of water in the housing chamber and make sure water is passing over the cell, the housing should ALWAYS be completely full of water. If a variable speed pump is being used increasing the speed may be necessary.
- Check to see if the OXI cell needs cleaning, the cell may have run it's life in one direction and require replacing if so contact us HERE.
Please refer to the Naked Water Testing attached which will show how to correctly balance the pool and get the TDS levels back to within range and more than likely salt is required to achieve this.
When adding salt, add 5-10 kg in the shallow end of the pool and brush in when the pump is running and allow 30-60 mins for the salt to dilute.