There's a few things you need to remember when adding hydrochloric acid to you pool water:
- Make certain the acid is mixed thoroughly with water before adding it to your pool, always remembering to add the acid to the water, never add water to the acid.
- Never add Hydrochloric Acid to the pool whilst swimming.
- Apply the mixed chemical to the surface of the pool.
- Before measuring your pH again allow 2-3 hours mixing with the filter running. Make minor adjustments if/as necessary.
- If you are unsure after testing your water again take a sample of your water, in the Naked Water Bottle provided, and consult your local pool shop.
- ALWAYS make sure you follow the instructions on the label and keep out of reach of children.
The Naked Pools App provides you with a guide for adding hydrochloric acid to your pool in the event of a high pH reading.