There are 15 sub menus within the Naked NKD-R System.
To access the MAIN MENU, simply press the [OK] button and then either the [-] or [+] buttons to scroll through the options.
When you have the menu you want, simply press the [OK] button to enter.
1. BACKWASH - Same as on the front of the unit for backwashing sand/glass filters. Backwashing is a process that must happen regularly (8-10 weeks on average) to maintain a healthy, clean pool. It is the process of cleaning the filter media or cartridge of larger debris that is trapped in the filter. This feature will control the pump for you and the LCD screen steps you through each part of the process.
2. BRIGHTNESS - Factory setting for screen brightness is 60% but this can be adjusted up or down.
3. CELL CLEANING - The number of hours the oxidiser plates reverse polarity (clean themselves). By default these are set for 10 hours. If your pool water is high in calcium and you start to see a build up on the plates inside the cell you may need to reduce the reversing hours to accommodate. This is important as build up on the plate surface reduces the sanitisation affect and you may even notice the OXI OUT percentage drops below that ideal of 100%.
4. OXI BOOST - Same function as the OXI button on the front of the unit. This boosts the oxidising time if the pool is under heavy use or severe weather conditions.
5. OXI SETTING - The factory setting for OXI Output is 100%. If TDS levels are within the correct range (800-1200ppm) the OXI OUT is producing 15gr/h of chlorine . Without stabiliser (cyanuric acid) in the pool this level is negligible but most effective. However, if the pool is indoors or constantly under a pool blanket or permanent cover you may want to reduce the output level to avoid chlorine build up in the pool water.
6. CLOCK/TIMER - Same function as the clock/timer icon on the front of the unit. Used for adjusting the CLOCK, SINGLE and DUAL TIMERS. There is more information about Timers in this guide.
7. CONTRAST - Factory setting for contrast is 50%. This can be adjusted up or down should you have difficulty seeing the digital display.
8. POWER/MODE - As per the blue button on front of the system. This will adjust the unit from AUTO - OFF - ON (Manual)
9. PUMP SETTING - Designed to protect your pump if there is no flow of water. This means the time the pump is allowed to run after the water sensor on the OXI Cell detects there is no flow of water. The pump will be turned off from 2 to 10 minutes, after detecting no water flow.
10. TDS TEST - Used to measure the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) in the water. TDS is the combination of all solids that are present in the water such as salts/minerals, calcium, sodium bicarbonate and acid. A total of four readings are displayed for 30 seconds in the FWD direction and then another 30 seconds in the REV direction. Pressing the [<] and [>] buttons once in test mode and holding them in for 3 seconds brings you to this maintenance function which allows you to view the actual TDS VALUE and current reading in XXX.XAMPS.
11. SERVICE MENU - Please contact your local Naked dealer or service technician for further information in the use of these functions. Model number and pool size can be found here and this is typically used for troubleshooting and not required by the average consumer.
12. SPA MODE - Rarely required when the swimming pool has a spa combination with the same body of water. The Spa mode allows your system to be adjusted to suit your Spa by reducing the OXI Output to 10%.
13. WINTER MODE - Winter Mode will reduce the output of the Oxidiser and Ioniser by 50% to accommodate low use conditions or when the pool is covered during colder months. It does not adjust pump run times.
14. ION SETTING - Used to adjust the current Ioniser output from the default 20%. You may need to reduce this for very small pool sizes.
15. pH Control Mode - pH1, Used to adjust the daily run time of the Naked pH controller. pH2,this mode can is used for priming the acid line or manually dosing a given amount of acid if needed.